Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TIPS

Last night I had the privilege of being 1 of around 2,000 people listening to Deepak Chopra right up in Flint! The CRIM Foundation brought him in, we had to register early but we got in free and they paid for all the parking downtown so that was free too. AMAZING!!! I need to review my notes and I will write a little more at a later time about the actual lecture, however on each seat there was a brochure with some "Things you can do to become a healthier you" that I wanted to share with you. I think the brochure originated from CRIM and Deepak Chopra and this is word for word right from it.


"Things you can do to become a healthier you:

1. Work out regularly! Do something for your cardiovascular health, your flexibility and your strength at least 4 times per week. Walk, run, swim, bicycle, skate, play tennis...Do Whatever Moves You! You'll feel better, look better and have more physical and mental stamina.

2. Eat to live, don't live to eat.

3. Have an empowering social network. Invest your time with those who are inspired by life and have a greater purpose to fulfill - you'll find that you are more inspired as well.

4. Control the chaos; make your home a sanctuary. Be selective about what you bring into your home - not just in terms of physical things but also the computers, music, television, and other forms of electronic entertainment that compete for attention.

5. Start a daily meditation/prayer/quiet-time practice. This can be as little as 10-20 minutes but research has proven the stress-relieving and health benefits. Not to mention, it's been proven to extend your life.


Personal Commitment Statement:

Starting today, I commit to working toward a healthier me and to helping my family be healthier. I know that by doing so, I am also contributing to a healthier community - physically, socially, and economically."


Good stuff, huh? Simple too! Health is a choice that we have to make every single morning when we wake up. We may as well choose to be healthy since we only get one chance...


No comments: