Friday, April 22, 2011

IT'S MY B-EARTH-DAY!!!

I love my birthday and I love sharing it with Earth Day. I think that fits me so well and as the years go by, I realize it more and more as I am more grounded and connected with Mother Earth. When this time rolls around every year, I always take inventory of my life. I ask myself questions like "Who am I?", "Where am I?", "How is life?", "Where do I want to go?", "How am I going to get there?", "What would I like to change?", "How am I going to make those changes?" among a few other questions. This year, I do not have that strong strive to revisit those questions or to ponder over the answers or do much evaluating at all. Probably because I am really firmly grounded in who I am and the fact that I don't want to be anywhere else but exactly where I am. I am not going to kid myself, there are pieces of my life that I would like to have come together a little bit better however at the same time, I am also really, really grateful for unanswered prayers. I realize that I have a choice every single day to wake up and make my day and my life the way I want to be. I realize that it is up to me to create peace from the inside out, create health from the inside out, and to love myself first before I can love and serve others. I am grateful I have worked as hard as I have to make it to this place and that I have chosen my career to be in the realm of service to others. I am grateful that I have so much love and support in my life, that I have such a wonderful family and friends, and I appreciate each and every one of you out there reading this blog. In some way, shape or form you have helped me to be the person that I am today. You have, in some way small or large, contributed to these rotations around the sun in which I will finish yet another this evening at 11:12pm. At times I sit in absolute awe of life and how grateful I am for it all. I am asking for one thing this year...since the Earth and I share this day...how about giving all your gifts to the Earth this year and do one thing, even if its just a small thing, to help protect this planet. If we don't, where are we going to live? ...we only get one chance, let's not screw it up! :)

***yes that is me when I just a few hours old***

2 comments:

Gerri said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!

Dr. E said...

Thank you!