Tuesday, January 5, 2010

AN AMAZING VACATION


So I will be making a few posts so that you can experience some of what i experienced in Costa Rica from December 18-28. I met some friends from chiropractic college and we had an amazing week of fun in the sun at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort in Montezuma...www.elbanano.com. My personal accommodation was a luxury tent, which I will post pictures of at a later time. I was awaken by howler monkeys every morning, which are pretty much like roosters here in this area, start their daybreak noise at the first moment that the day begins to hint it is on its way, right around 6am. The first two mornings I had no idea what it was, and sounded huge (something the size of an elephant) and I could tell it was getting closer and closer. Naturally my stomach was dropping as I wasn't all that confident that the canvas that separated me and the outside world was going to actually keep out this monster. After the second morning of waking up in sheer terror, I began to ask around. Of course, the first time I asked any of the locals it was all cleared up. There were a ton of monkeys, both white faced and howler, on the resort property and one of my friends took this picture of the one that was more than likely playing my alarm clock. Such a beautiful sight. Pura Vida!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pura Vida! Did you get to surf?

Dr. E said...

yes, I got to surf one day. Heading to Ecuador in Feb for a week of surfing. Should be loads of fun!