Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday


Have you ever had a terrible case of the "Mondays"? I woke up feeling exactly that way and just not motivated to get out of bed and do anything. It would have been a great day to just lay around and not do much of anything, which is not an option for me considering I have a practice that needs to be tended to. So I got up anyways, geared up for the cold and snow, and headed out to walk Choco this morning. There are a lot of activities that we do completely unconsciously and that could easily be one of them. He and I walk around a loop in my neighborhood that is 1/2 mile, just enough time to get the muscles stretched and moving and go to the bathroom. In that time, I chose to focus on gratitude and being grateful that I could even get up and out of bed, that I had clothes to keep me warm, that I had two feet and legs that work, that I had a roof over my head and a great job to go to everyday (and of course, the chocolate dog). Just that, combined with the fresh, crisp morning air, got me moving. There is no possible way that a life, driven and directed by gratitude, could get off path. Gratitude is powerful fuel and used in constructive ways can get you to any place you want to go.

No comments: