Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MOVIN' MOMS


Another dream of mine has manifested and is still in infant stages, however it is such an awesome thing, I have to share it with you. I am not a mom, unless "dog mom" is considered, however I support and help nourish the health and well-being of moms everyday being a chiropractor. What I have noticed over the years is that women need other women. I am pretty sure this dates back to the early times when the women stayed in the villages and took care of things around there while the men were out hunting. I have recently started a Movin' Moms Walking Group that meets every Tuesday morning at 8:30am at the south parking lot of Fenton High School. We walk for an hour and it is great because it is time to be social as well, time to catch up, talk about whatever we want that other women can relate to. I have yet to actually clock it however it seems to be close to 3 miles. Talk about an awesome way to start Tuesday! Plus we have some huge bonus hills that are real butt-kickers. Its great. If you are looking for a walking group, want to meet up with some ladies, and have some time to exercise and socialize...come join us!!! Strollers, kids and dogs welcome too!!! Lets get out and walk...we only live once and it is better to take care of the body that you are in. If you have questions, please let me know.

No comments: