Wednesday, July 7, 2010

INDEPENDENCE DAY

The 4th of July is probably one of the greatest holidays of the year. I love the 4th and Thanksgiving because it is all about time with family and friends and food and fun. This past 4th of July was no exception. I made it a stay-cation style of a celebration. I spend the entire weekend with my family at my parent's house out on Runyan Lake. The great thing about their house is it is just 3 miles from my house. And though it is only 3 miles, I actually stayed out there one of the nights, didn't even come home. It made me laugh, and then it made me think I should have just packed a bag and stayed all three nights. I love that little lake. It is all-sports and private so you can have as much fun as you want and be confident it is never going to be too over-crowded. There were a lot of people out because going to the lake was the best option for keeping cool over the scorcher of a weekend. I also sat out front of the Cafe of LIFE and watched the parade go by. I just love Fenton for the holiday celebrations. They do a wonderful parade and freedom festival and there are thousands of people that come to the events. As we were preparing for the festivities in the area, I went out and bought a few small American Flags to decorate the Cafe. My assistant Angie put them in a vase and some are still on the front desk. Having those flags here in our space this past week has reminded me of how beautiful that representation of our country is. The red, white, and blue that create those stars and stripes are so amazingly beautiful I want to leave them out there for a while...and I probably will...we only live once...and I am glad to live this life as an American!!!

No comments: