Monday, May 17, 2010

OPTIMUM

This weekend I traveled to Atlanta for a wonderful seminar. I used to attend chiropractic college there and many seminars happen at the college so I end up there frequently. Actually in the past, it was very frequent...not so much as of late. In fact, the last time was 6 months ago. It is a city that is so super familiar to me. Many of my friends still live there and many traveled back there for the seminar. The weekend seminar was called "Optimum Life Experience" and the lecture topics were Optimum Health, Optimum Energy, Optimum Service, Optimum Joy, Optimum Abundance, etc and as you can see there was a theme. We have a plethora of wonderful, world renowned speakers in the chiropractic profession and they showed up at 100% this weekend. So in coming out of the seminar I would like to ask you...where do you find "Optimum Joy"? Is there a place in your life where you have a step-outside-of-yourself moment that you can say you were pulverized with the thoughts and feelings of joy? Is there an event that you can recall that brings you back to that place. If there is a specific event that you can see in your mind's eye, do you call on it to get you back to that "happy place"? Take a couple moments and see if you can come up with one, one event or time in your life that you can anchor that feeling of "Optimum Joy" and visit it often. I bet if you begin to put some energy into that, you will find that you begin to encounter a few more of those moments on a more frequent basis. It is amazing and continually verified that whatever you are wanting to see begins to be brought your way. I find "Optimum Joy" when I am in my Cafe of LIFE, my chiropractic office where I get to serve so many people each and every day. I find myself 100% present with what I am doing as I am serving each and every person and when thoughts of past and future are absent, "Optimum Joy"can easily be attained. I find myself in that "Optimum Joy" place when I am doing my yoga practice 3 times per week and during meditation. I find myself seeking to be 100% present in more and more areas of my life. It is a wonderful way to live. Yes, I slip off the path, check myself back in, slip off again, check in again and the process continues. I think, and often share with others that "Life is just a game of slipping and checking". Check in with yourself. Find what brings you "Optimum Joy" and look to spread that to other areas of your life...and see what kinds of wonderful things come from that...and share them with me:)

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Glad you had a great time and brought some joy home with you. :)