Monday, May 3, 2010

MOTHERS

This is a special thank you to all the mothers out there. My mother is not only just my mother, she has become one of my best friends. Every year around Mother's Day, my brothers and I love to get the family together and celebrate and this year we have added one more mother to the celebration...my sister-in-law to be, Rachel, who just gave birth to my neice, Charlei, 3 weeks ago. I have been fortunate to have a small glimpse into what new motherhood is all about from being a part of Rachel and Charlei's lives. Rachel has been able to find a beautiful, yet delicate balance of caring time and rest with Charlei and it has only been 3 weeks. I see the amount of dedication that it takes for one child, and I have absolutely no idea how my mother did it with four kids, or my mother's mother did it with ten kids. WOW!!! Being a mom is an endless and often thankless job and what I am finding out is that it doesn't seem like anything can prepare you for that role besides just jumping into it. My other sister-in-law, Lauren, is pregnant as well and through all of this (while I let these two raise future babysitters for me) I get to stand by and watch and help. I look forward to the opportunity to be able to experience being a mother at some point in the future (and notice I didn't say "near future") but until then I will do my best to continue my wonderful relationship with these women so that I may learn and grow at the same time. One last special message to my own mother---life is better, fuller, more peaceful, easier, and fulfilling and I have found more success, happiness, and love because you are my mom. Thank you for everything!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I enjoyed this with my lunch! I happen to be alone--which is very rare--as Chloe is captivated by the sun and the worms and the dirt. Eating alone is the biggest treat (when you hardly ever get to), and your post of motherly appreciation made it even more delicious. Oh no, she caught me...was good while it lasted! Great post and beautiful picture, love to you both.

Gerri said...

Beautiful photo. Moms Rock!!!