Thursday, February 4, 2010

SWEAT LODGE


One of the most disappointing parts of the media today is the fact that something like a "Sweat Lodge" can go from a wonderful and beneficial Native American ceremony to something that "kills people". Just a few months ago, there was some famous someone doing a sweat lodge somewhere and 2 people died while there. I can tell you up front, there was a lot of ego involved when things like that happen. So when I was invited to go with a friend, I was slightly apprehensive. When I first mentioned to a few people that I was going to attend a Sweat Lodge, the first thing out of their mouths was "Don't people die doing that?" Yeah some people have died doing that however so many more hundreds of thousands to millions of people have lived during sweats too...so I went anyways. I have been involved in a lot of life transforming activities however I have to say that this was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. There is a place called "Cedar Water Healing Lodge" http://www.gaylejoseph.com/. in Milford, MI. When you go there, you are instantly accepted as one of their family. The people that run the ceremony have the most loving and giving energy and the experience is one that I would recommend to everyone. The ceremony was explained to us when we got there as well as a guarantee that if something is not going well for you, a phrase can be said and you can remove yourself from the lodge. There were 16 of us for this experience and it lasted about 3 hours followed by a wonderful feast of delicious food. Really and truly a wonderful experience. The lodge in Milford runs sweats every three weeks and I plan on attending as much as will fit into my schedule. Come join me if you would like:)

No comments: