Monday, March 30, 2009

GIRLFRIENDS...


A couple of weekends ago, I headed up north with some girlfriends to celebrate the end of the snowboard/ski season at Boyne Highlands. Now these are two of the most incredible women I know though all of the time we have spent together has been in a group situation. This weekend was about getting away from the regular "noise and needs" of life and having time to just spend together...and we had a riot. Not only do these two ladies spend a lot of time looking for the answers to "the big questions in life", they also enjoy having fun and that is exactly what we did. I don't think there was a silent moment over three straight days and that really speaks volumes to me. Between our time spent on the slopes, to enjoying a drink at the bar, or dancing and being crazy on the dancefloor, we really lit the place up. Also, I am a person that needs a lot of alone time, and though I enjoy being around friends, I usually find myself needing to slip away for some "me" time, even if it is just for a few minutes. These two women are such incredible people and so intriguing to me, I found so much peace and fulfillment in our conversations and time spent together and I know for all of us it was therapeutic. I will cherish our time spent during that weekend away and cherish them as my friends forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were some good times indeed, my friend! I enjoyed the recap. Magical memories. It's an exciting bond we share.
xoxo,
J