Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SMALL MIRACLES IN THIS BIG, BIG WORLD

The most amazing thing just happened in my Cafe of LIFE. A severely behaviorly impaired 2.5 year old came into my office for his first visit running and screaming down my halls. He hasn't been listening or speaking to his parents or anyone and is rather "glassed over" when you try to make eye contact. My CA and I were strategizing on how to get this little guy adjusted and knew it was going to have to be a chase him around to make it happen because I will not restrain unless absolutely necessary (which I havent found it necessary yet) I chatted with his parents about what has been going on for him for a while and discussed that I am not going to force him to do anything which means that we may or may not be able to get a good adjustment in today. I wasnt even going to present him with the idea of getting onto a table. I left and adjusted another person in another room and when I returned to the room he was sitting with his back to me on his mom's lap. I started to do really light force work and watched his body unwind. He was fine with that for a bit and got tired of sitting...with zero prompts from me and no information at all about what to do on an adjusting table, he jumped down off his mom's lap and climbed right up on the kids adjusting table and went face down as if to say "I know you are good and I know you can help me...let me make it easier to access my spine and nerve system". It was the most beautiful expression of Innate Intelligence I have ever seen. Life is amazing and being a Chiropractor is just icing on the cake.

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Wow...good stuff...