Wednesday, September 14, 2011

LESSONS AND LESSONS AND LESSONS...DO THEY EVER STOP?

Guess what? No the lessons don't ever stop. What i realize in life is if we don't listen and learn the lesson the first time around, it is bigger and louder the next time, and bigger and louder the next time. Life is really grand...however I have been in a lot of transition for the past month or so and I am ready to go into coast mode for a bit and have some peace.


Some things I have learned lately...

-be patient
-keep exercising
-allow others into my personal space
-don't take things personally
-don't make assumptions
-I love a peaceful life
-sitting for hours starting at a body of water is very relaxing
-family is the greatest
-I am very passionate about assisting mothers in their birth process
-I am back home and can really feel my roots
-my body can function for 39 straight hours without rest
-when I lay down in my bed, let the day go
-even if I don't feel like doing yoga, go anyways...that feeling will change
-parking my yoga mat in front of a heater really steps up my practice
-I am grateful for how and where I grew up
-saying a heart-felt deep "I'm sorry" is really powerful
-I love my book club
-people make mistakes in life...really BIG ones sometimes...and it is OK in the end
-I love my work work more and more every day
-friendships/relationships come and go
-sometimes it is best to let go, and sometime I need to hold on really tight
-Fenton is often a little too small for me
-I couldn't live in Fenton without Ethos Yoga Studio so close
-I may give my right big toe to have a Trader Joe's open in Fenton...and I am pretty sure there are a few that would join me
-I love fall
-I really want to go visit New Orleans again...without tropical storms next time


What have you learned lately?







3 comments:

Sheree said...

I've learned a big one this week....my father died Monday and I've learned that it really is true that you don't realize how important people are until they are gone!

Thanks for the chance to express that!

Kelly said...

My biggest lesson of late:

Letting go brings great freedom. That one has been a huge challenge for me in the past.... and it has been the greatest reward living that way now.

I, too, love fall, book club, staring at lakes and would LOVE a Trader Joes!!

MOM said...

Life is grand, Darling, and I am very grateful that we are sharing these lessons and learning together.