Monday, September 27, 2010

BEST CASE SCENARIO

I work with hundreds of people on a regular basis. It is the most wonderful and rewarding work and I feel blessed to be able to serve in the way that I do. At the Cafe of LIFE we see people that are really struggling with their health as well as people that are feeling good and want to remain that way. I learn a lot about people by interacting in the way I do and helping them to express a better them. All kinds of wonderful things come up for people and I love that there are some real break-throughs happening on a daily basis.


I do see a pattern happening that I want to address. I think it is simply a human thing, though I am sure it is largely influenced by our culture. Whether people are starting from a place of feeling really good, or feeling really bad, when something happens, some sort of new symptom or aggravation happens...the human mind goes automatically into "WORSE CASE SCENARIO" mode. Some people have taken very minor things that have been going on for about 2 hours and seriously talked themselves into this may be the end of their lives. I am not sure when we lost the faith in our body's ability to adapt and heal from just about anything, but we did. Instead of saying "Oh this sinus infection has been going on for 2 days, but my body can fight this off and I will be better in the long run for letting my immune system kick in", people are running out for some remedy that will help with the symptom, which almost always compromises the immune system and doesn't allow it to do what it was designed to do. Or "My wrist hurts, but it has only been an hour or so and I am sure my body will handle it" they go to the MD and immediately get it x-rayed to make sure there isn't a tumor. These are just a couple examples to give you the idea of how extreme our thought patterns are.



My point being...let's start giving our bodies the benefit of the doubt. The body's ability to heal is much more powerful then anyone (and especially the media) has lead you to believe. We all have within us an inborn, recuperative power that is in charge of proper adaptation and integration of the many stresses we encounter every day. When things come up, let's start thinking BEST CASE SCENARIO and that have a mindset of "my body can probably take care of this" and watch and wait. If you are doing all the right stuff with diet and exercise, getting good rest, keeping a positive attitude, staying away from toxins, and getting regular checks for your spine and nerve system, a large percentage of the time the body will do just that...TAKE CARE OF ITSELF. When the body is given the opportunity to take care of itself, and it does, we are better off than if we continue trying to combat symptoms with drugs and surgery. We only get one chance...let's keep focused on BEST CASE SCENARIO.

1 comment:

Gerri said...

I like this, I'm going to start thinking and acting this way. Thanks. :)