Monday, November 30, 2009

I ALWAYS SEEM TO...


...fill up every single second of any time that I have off from work. A four day weekend felt like a 1 day weekend though there is no possible way to fit everything I did into less time than four. It was super fun! Thanksgiving dinner with my family which was probably the best Thanksgiving dinner I have ever had. There is a fresh cranberry/horseradish thing my aunt makes that I could seriously eat it by the spoonful and it tops off the dinner wonderfully. The rest of the food was amazing as well however I am such a horseradish fan, that is the part that really sticks out in my mind. Then I got up on Friday and made an impromptu trip down to Chicago. My youngest brother and his wife live down there, right on Michigan Ave. It is an awesome spot. And though I didn't do too much shopping, the view out of their condo is amazing and great people watching. I drove down on Friday and came back up on Saturday afternoon which made for a long day (The picture is my brother, his mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, her half-brother and of course me at the Chicago zoo checking out their lights display). I needed a break from my week after all the stress I was under for the previous two weeks so it was a perfect time for that trip. Saturday night was spent down in Royal Oak, celebrating my cousin buying her first home. What a great spot and a wonderful party. Sunday was a little bit more family time and home and to bed early. I am sure I am not the only one that needs a break from the long weekend, a vacation from the vacation. Happy Holiday season...now bring on the snow!!!!

No comments: