Monday, October 12, 2009

DETROIT HALF MARATHON


If you are downtown Detroit this Sunday morning, be prepared to run into some intense traffic and people as it is the running of the Detroit Free Press Marathon and Half-Marathon...and its going to be a good time! I have been training this year to run the Half-Marathon so look for me in the thousands of runners:) The challenge I am running into is that I am also heading down to Atlanta, GA on Thursday morning to finish my continuing education credits which means flying back really late on Saturday night to make the race the next morning. The race route is unique to Detroit as the only route that runs in two different countries. In fact, in order to even pick up race packets, it requires a passport and Homeland Security will be monitoring the race expo. We begin on Fort Street right downtown and run over the Ambassador Bridge, do a couple miles in Windsor and run back through the tunnel. I ran Chicago Marathon (yes the entire 26.2 miles) back in 2006 so this should be a piece of cake, YEAH RIGHT!!! Wish me luck. I am very excited!!!

No comments: