Wednesday, October 15, 2008

DURANGO


I visited such a wonderful place last weekend I have to share with you. It is a small town in southwest Colorado, very near what they call "The Four Corners" where Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah come together. I guess there is a monument there that you can straddle with your arms and legs and be in 4 states all at one time. I didn't make it there however I did get to explore the area. Durango is a very conscious city. The people of Durango pay attention to what they eat and how they treat the land and environment. They recycle whenever they can, ride their bikes if it is possible, and respect others. It seems that many people are questioning standard western medicine there, thus leading to healthier births, childhoods, and lives in general. I have friends that practice chiropractic there in the city and are loving every minute of being in their small piece of paradise. Though it is more than a hop, skip, and a jump to get there, if you get a chance to go, TAKE IT!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love reading your blogs. i wish i was as optimistic about life as you are. im getting there.
I do have a question though, i noticed that all of your blogs are at really different hours of the day and night, so i just wondered, when do you ever sleep? lol youve got to be the busiest person i know!!
miranda, fenton