Wednesday, January 14, 2009

IT IS FRIGID OUT THERE!!!


It's Wednesday again! I love Wednesdays because it is the day just before Thursday and everyone knows how much I love Thursdays!!! This is my early morning, and though I am never crazy about getting up as early as Wednesday requires me to, it is nice to get up and moving....except for this morning. I mean 6:00 my alarm goes off and one of the first things I do is check the weather and begin preparing what I am going to wear for the day. -4degrees!!!! Now as many of you know, I lived in Alaska for 3.5 years. It was a wonderful place and I really look forward to going back to visit at some point soon. There was a time while I was there that it was -40degrees for an entire month, without a break. Everything is relative, so at the time I could make that ok because other parts of the state were -100 degrees!!! That is crazy cold!! So on mornings like this, people say to me..."well you should be used to this, you lived in Alaska". Ok, I understand their logic however I left there 8 years ago, and lived in the south for 4 years too. So any of the thick blood that was developed when I was up there was thinnned out when I was in the south. Also, my theory is that we are given only so much heat-making power for our bodies in a lifetime and I shivered while living there for almost the entire time and used all of those heat reserves up. So this morning, at 6am and -4 degrees...the puppy was not going to get his walk. I did let him out to go to the bathroom, just so you know, but then right back inside we went.

No comments: